Imagine your home having voice-activated lights, a smart television set-up, and a fully-integrated digital interface. Sounds like the home of your dreams, right? Well, it doesn’t have to be. With modern home automation technology, the home of your dreams can become a reality. In addition to delivering enhanced security, smart homes also offer a greater level of convenience. Despite the ease of access and seamless integration, smart homes aren’t perfect. They’re also incredibly vulnerable to digital intruders, unlike the homes of the past.
While cyber security remains a concern and vulnerability, thankfully there are countermeasures to protect yourself against it. By installing your smart home set-up with a fully-insured and licensed home automation and security company, you can rest assured that you have the best defense against cyber threats wherever they might come from.
Cyber security threats don’t have to keep you up at night, but it’s still important to have an understanding of why they’re a critical threat. There are a myriad of cyber threats out there, but in the simplest terms, there are two predominant means of attack that cyber hackers use.
When attacking cyber or smart automated homes, malicious attackers are often a result of the following:
- Unsecured Smart Products: Many smart products lack proprietary security features, leaving them easy to exploit by shrewd cyber attackers. Ensuring a licensed and certified specialist installs your smart products will make it harder for would-be hackers to gain access to your personal networks.
- Unsecured Wireless Connection: Wireless Fiber Optics (WiFi) is quite ubiquitous for most home and entertainment internet access. It offers unprecedented convenience and accessibility… but unfortunately the same is true for unsavory characters. Not having a dedicated access key is no different than leaving your front door unlocked and wide open for anyone to walk in. You wouldn’t leave your front door unlocked, so don’t do the same for your WiFi network connections.
Luckily, these two threats are easily addressed with the right smart home installation.
Smart Home Security Solutions
A certified and licensed home automation installation specialist can give you peace of mind knowing that your smart home set-up is virtually impenetrable. Whether it’s the kids next door trying to tap into your WiFi or more serious cyber threats, your home can be protected against virtually any threat.
Here are a few ways you can protect your home:
- Firewalls and Antivirus: Firewalls and antivirus programs serve as preemptive and proactive solutions against cyber threats in real-time. Prevent access, and in the rare instance that it happens, eliminate the threat rapidly.
- Secured WiFi Access: Keep your Wifi under lock and key (digitally, of course) with a secure password that only you and privileged members have access to.
- Stronger passwords: An easily-cracked password is as good as no password at all. A security professional can help craft an uncrackable password, ensuring it’s next to impossible to gain access.
These are just a few solutions a smart home specialist can implement to protect your home against any number of cyber threats.
Take Action Against Cyber Threats
Don’t continue to put your automated home or information technology infrastructure in jeopardy. Protect yourself and your investments with a smart home security system from Hi-Tech Security.
Our professional and experienced smart home installation experts have served South Florida for more than 14 years. We’re eager to add you to our list of satisfied clientele. Schedule an appointment by calling us at (954)-394-2292 or book an appointment online today.