One of the best ways to protect your home is with an eye in the sky, especially an electronic one. Surveillance cameras not only offer the comfort and peace of mind that comes with having documentation of possible break-ins or accidents, but they can also improve your rates on home insurance. Placing security cameras in your home is obvious enough, but where should they go.
A private security and home installation company can ensure the proper installation and placement of cameras so you don’t have to do any heavy lifting. Aside from just having a few cameras, you can have an entirely integrated home security set-up, ensuring if something happens inside or outside of your home, you’ll always be in the loop.
Best Places for Security Cameras in Your Home
A home security expert is going to decide where cameras should ultimately end up, but for the most part, there are a few principles to keep in mind when it comes to home surveillance. Effective cameras placements will not only ensure that you’re getting the most out of our cameras, but also help guarantee that you’re maximizing your overall home security investment.
So here are some tips on the best places for security cameras in your home.
- Entrances and Exits: Would-be thieves and burglars, particularly amateurs, tend to use the most accessible entrances and exits when doing their criminal deeds. Placing cameras in these spots also does a bit more than just serve as a way to keep an eye on burglars. In addition to the bad guys, cameras help you keep track of visitors, package deliveries, and making sure the kids get home safely.
- Garage: Burglars know people tend to keep expensive power tools, pricey automobiles, and an assortment of other valuables in their garage. Placing cameras inside your garage ensures that if a break-in does happen, you’ll be able to capture any burglaries on candid camera.
- Accessible Windows: Most often, burglars will utilize first floor windows or relatively accessible windows of any kind, so having a camera waiting for them on the inside is a great way to catch them in the act.
- Front Exterior: Cameras don’t just serve as a means of capturing criminals in the act; they’re also an effective deterrent against crime. Most burglars, especially professional burglars, tend to case houses before they burglarize them. Placing cameras in as conspicuous a location as possible lets would-be burglars know that you’re keeping an eye on them.
- Side Entrances or Tough-To-See Angles: Not all criminals are stupid. Some think that by sneaking in through the back or side yard, they’re safe from being caught on camera. Remind them that no matter where they go, there’s nowhere for them to hide. Cameras that surround the entire perimeter of your home ensure that no matter where criminals break in, you’re going to catch them in the act.
While these are just a few of the recommended areas to place a security camera, ultimately, a certified and licensed security expert from Hi-Tech Security can determine which place is best to install a camera inside of your home.
Choose the South Florida Security Camera Experts
At Hi-Tech Security, we’ve served South Florida for more than 14 years as the certified and licensed security camera installation experts. Whether you’re looking to build a new setup from the ground up or update an existing installation, we can accommodate virtually any client need.
To schedule an appointment or get a free quote, give us a call at (954) 394-2292 or visit our online contact page today.